OPEN ALL YEAR (All fully serviced pitches have their own water taps, and hook-up)
- Price is around £20 a night (depends a bit on supply and demand)
(Or contact Jaik to book a pitch on: 07949949480 or 01728 668 608
Site and pitch features
- 0.8 acre(s) available for caravans
- 4 hardstandings and 1 grass pitch = 5 only
- or 3 hardstandings and 2 grass pitches = 5 only
- 16 Amp Electric Hook-Ups
- Easily accesible site from the A12
- Shower (metered: 20p for 3 minutes and £1 for 10 minutes)
- Washing machine: (metered: £1 for 40 mins, so £2 a wash on a mixed load (depending on wash cycle required)).
- Grey Waste disposal for caravans and motorhomes
- Chemical toliet disposal facilities
- WC (exclusive use)
- 2 Extra WCs with hot water washbasin in toilet Cabin (next to CL site).
- Dog walk from site (with a great 5 acre young woodland dog walking area around the north of the site (please keep dogs on a lead please, due to free range chickens.)
- Recycling facilities on site
- Free Range Eggs for sale for £1 (when available)
- TV reception: good
- Beach/coast and RSPB Minsmere Bird Reserve within 5 miles
- Wi-fi available across the whole site (download speed is about 12 mb/sec)
- Please park on the pitch number which you have been allocated.
Hill Farm Certificated Location is in a rural setting, and yet conveniently located for easy access to the A12. The coast at Dunwich is just under 5 miles away. It is open ALL YEAR and adults, children and pets are all welcome. The site is located on a large, south-facing, flat field with grass pitches, electrical hook-ups and space for awnings. The site is surrounded by mature hedges and is abutted by arable fields and young woodland to the north, although Hill Farm itself is no longer a working farm.
- There is free Wi-Fi available across the whole site.
- The young woodland behind the CL site is accessible for dog walking.
- The site is an excellent base for exploring the surrounding coastal areas, especially the beautiful seaside towns of Southwold (9 miles away) and Aldeburgh (14 miles away). The popular village of Westleton is approximately 1.5 miles away and here there is a restaurant, village stores, a garage, an art gallery and 2 pubs, including the well-respected Crown Inn.
- There are also many nearby attractions, such as Orford and Framlingham castles, museums, the National Trust Site at Dunwich, the famous RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve and the charming town of Woodbridge, near to the Anglo-Saxon burial ground of Sutton Hoo. There are two local shops within a mile of the site selling local produce and a garage. There are also numerous local pubs, restaurants and cafes. The village of Darsham is a mile from the CL site and has a pub, The Fox Inn, serving very good food.
- Darsham railway station is just over a mile from the CL site and has services to London’s Liverpool Street Station via Ipswich. Also in close proximity is the town of Saxmundham, with Tesco and Waitrose supermarkets. Snape, with its world famous concert hall, is just over 10 miles away. The increasingly popular Latitude Music Festival on the Henham Estate in July is about 6 miles away.
- The woodlands, heathlands and coast are perfect for those who enjoy walking and bird watching, and the country lanes are great for cycling. There are also two high quality holiday lets next to the site (each sleeping a maximum of 4 people, with 2 bedrooms) which offer accommodation for friends and relatives visiting without a caravan. The owner lives nearby to deal with any problems and does regular site maintenance.
- (Please note that advanced booking is recommended and please let us know when you have arrived. Payment is due on arrival. If you have not prebooked, please do not park your unit on site until you have checked availability. Please vacate your pitch by 11.45am on the day of departure. Sorry we cannot accept credit cards.)
Certificated Locations are for the exclusive use of Caravan and Motorhome Club members.
Please quote your membership number when making your booking and show your membership card on arrival.
There is a toilet cabin situated over the bridge next to the CL site which is shared with the new commercial site, plus there is hot water available for light hand washing. These get cleaned normally every day when possible. (Please remember to shut the door at all times and lock the door when in use.)